Field Service Technician
About AQWA Inc.
AQWA is a growing family-owned business based in Wilson, North Carolina. We are wastewater treatment specialists providing sales and service throughout the Carolinas. Our team consists of top-tier experts in their field and we’re currently looking for one more to join our AQWA family. Visit our website at aqwa.net, or our Facebook page to learn more about us.
We are seeking a self-motivated team player, who will share our vision of high standards for quality work, honesty, and integrity. This position is based in Wilson, NC and will travel throughout the Carolinas servicing our wastewater treatment equipment located at residential and commercial sites.
The Field Ops Technician will preferably have practical experience with machinery, electronics, and plumbing.
Must be comfortable working with and around wastewater facilities environments. Should have a personal commitment to safe work practices. Basic computer skills are required. This position requires the ability for unrestricted travel, often working non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions. This position mandates frequent overnight travel.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION of ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel extensively at times to multiple system sites per day.
- Perform a variety of moderately complex, semi-technical field assignments including the installation, maintenance, modification, testing, verification, and/or troubleshooting of Company equipment.
- Collect data using specific equipment and then compile reports.
- After the initial training period, must have the ability to work without direct supervision to accomplish tasks and effectively manage time to coordinate multiple jobs.
- Must be able to work in excess of 8 hours/day, on weekends, and non-standard schedules as needed.
- Must work well with potential customers and be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Must care for company equipment and maintenance schedule.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a clean driving record, current driver's license, and insurance, and keep all in good standing.
- Must have the ability to operate a company pickup truck while towing small cargo trailer.
- Must have the ability for unrestricted travel.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Wastewater industry experience preferred.
- This position requires the ability to travel for long periods, while operating a truck/auto.
- This position requires an employee to be of good physical health with the ability to stand, walk, climb up or down a ladder, use hands to handle and feel objects, operate tools and equipment, lift and move objects.
- This position requires an employee to work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions.
- This position requires an employee to lift up to 80 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Company is a drug-free company. Candidate must successfully pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug and alcohol screening.
PAY and BENEFITS:
The starting salary for this position is $25,000 - 35,000 depending upon experience. Benefits include profit sharing, a company vehicle, company tools and phone, an insurance stipend, and paid vacation.
If you are interested in being part of our team, send us your resume and we will take it from there.