STEP Effluent Sewer
STEP Systems - a Better Collections System aPproach
Our favorite use of STEPs is using the concept to leverage land values for developers and defer cost per lot. These STEP systems pump to an Advantex treatment system or to an existing publicly owned treatment plant.
STEP collections systems are an economical, low-impact, long-term solution to collecting and delivering wastewater to a treatment facility.
Some excerpts from technical papers and project profiles that are linked below include:
- Watertight collection, with no need for manholes or expensive lift stations
- Shallowly buried, small-diameter sewer lines, quickly installed with light equipment
- Passive, on-lot primary treatment
- Reduced size, complexity, and cost of the wastewater treatment system
- A minimum of 24-hour emergency storage in watertight, on-lot tanks (with normal, daily flow
- Low O&M costs
- Lower upfront cost, cost deferred until service actually needed
Orenco STEP projects have been featured in professional digests and technical papers including those listed below.